My 2004 acura tsx center control panel lights are off or ...

Q: My 2004 acura tsx center control panel lights are off or really dim.

I got an used 2004 acura tsx and everything works fine except the center control panel lights(clock and air conditioner screen). All of the lights in the car works except those. It sometimes turn on(black and white not blue) and that happens rarely but almost all the time those lights are off. The clock and air conditioner screens work but the lights don't. Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks

This happens on many cars with some age. Unfortunately the only way to resolve this issue is to replace the entire control unit in the center console. This is because the lights that light up this part of the dash are LED rather than bulbs and therefore they cannot be replaced. Sometimes you can get them to come back on by smacking the side of the console or the top of the dash with a medium amount of force.