Q: Clunking noises driving at low speeds or over bumps

I have clunking noises in my front suspensions being heard going at low speeds when going over cracks and humps I went to a mechanic and they said that my control arms were worn, so I bought some control arms had them to assemble them but I still heard the clunking noise afterwards what else in the suspension area could it be?

A: A clunking noise when hitting bumps can be ...

A clunking noise when hitting bumps can be caused by worn out struts, worn strut mounts, sway bar bushings, steering linkage being worn, or loose components. It would be best to have a certified mechanic actually diagnose the noise. These noises can be notoriously hard to find, even for a seasoned veteran mechanic.

There are situations where a mechanic will suggest to do a safety inspection, to be sure there are no safety concerns with driving the vehicle, and will then wait until the cause of the noise gets to a point where it can be found.

if you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our certified technicians can come to your home or office to perform the necessary checks and properly diagnose the clunking noise you’re hearing and help you make the necessary repairs.