Q: My car will lock and unlock by itself.

My car will lock and unlock itself while I'm driving and will even continue to after I take out the key. I'm seriously worried it's draining my battery. thank you

A: I initially would have your battery and alt...

I initially would have your battery and alternator tested. Next I would try leaving the key fob away from the vehicle to ensure that is not the cause. If the battery, alternator and key fob do not fix the issue, you may have an issue with a door switch thinking that the door is open. An advanced scan tool will be needed to read the body control module which will help find your problem. You should contact a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the appropriate tools and can diagnose the problem for you.