Q: Truck shaking at 50 mph inspite of having the tires balanced

My truck has been shaking and vibrating when I drive at around 50 mph. It has a very low mileage of about 500 miles on it. I had all the tires balanced at the dealership, which didn't fix the problem. They took the tires the next time, telling me that it would fix the issue if they do road forced balancing on them. The tires have 20 inches and the truck is shaking even worse when I took it from the dealership. What should I do?

Due to the size and weight of 20 inch wheels, you may need to have the tire and wheel assemblies balanced on the vehicle. When tires are balanced only the tire and wheel assembly is balanced. Doing a high speed on the vehicle balance will also balance the tire and wheel assembly with the hub and rotating assembly, such as brake rotors, drums, and drive axles, which will be further amplified by the larger wheels. This is not a service that all tire shops have the equipment to perform so you have to shop around to see who can do high speed on the vehicle balance.