Q: It cranks but won't stay crunk - 2005 Kia Sorento

My car will crank and run for a few seconds then shuts off we changed the cam shaft and crankshaft sensors checked timing changed all coil packs and throttle sensor and fuel pump and still have same problem

A: Considering everything that has been done i...

Considering everything that has been done in attempt to resolve this issue, I would recommend changing your fuel filter as well. A clogged fuel filter can give the same symptoms as a faulty fuel pump. Normally, the two parts are replaced together. I would also suspect a possible PCM issue if that many parts have been replaced and you still have no luck getting the vehicle to run. Often times a test of the PCM will require a high tech scan tool so be sure to seek out a mechanic who has one and who is proficient at testing computer modules in automobiles. An unlikely but still possible cause is that maybe the starter is only spinning its pinion gear but not actually engaging the flexplate. If all else fails, I would recommend having the starter inspected to determine if it is actually engaging the engine. To have this all checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the starting problem.