Q: Brake failure every two months; calipers/brake lines have to be repaired

My car is having brake failure. I purchased this car used a year ago and have already had to repair the brakes “Five” times. Every two months it’s the same problem and I have to have them repaired again. They listed the possible cause of the failure as the calipers and the brake line. My current mileage is 93,000. Can you give me any new insight as to what might be happening to cause my having to take my car into the shop “every two months!”

A: Hello. Depending on what exactly needs to b...

Hello. Depending on what exactly needs to be repaired on the brakes would help me determine what the actual issue is. If you are consistently having the same brake failure than that does tell me that there is a larger issue. Most of the time, if they say it may be the brake lines or calipers then it may be. If these fail they can cause premature brake wear.

A failing master cylinder can also cause this if it is not allowing the brakes to fully release. I usually check the brake pressures first to see if the brakes are releasing as they should or if it is a mechanic hang up. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you home or office to diagnose your brake system and repair this.