Q: Cranks lots of times before starting

Car cranks over but you have to crank it severeal times and holdingfoot down on gas pedal it will start sometimes and sometimes it wont youcan drive for about five minutes then when.you come to stop car idles rough and turns off. You try cranking avain several times and it wont.start up again
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

It sounds like your fuel pump is not working properly. The engine is not getting fuel if it has to crank that many times and still barely starts.

I would recommend getting your fuel pressure tested by a certified mechanic to determine if the fuel pressure is low. If the fuel pressure is low, you likely have a restriction in your fuel system or the fuel pump is getting weak.

After this has been determined, I would recommend replacing the fuel pump and the fuel filter to resolve this issue. If you need help with this repair, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can diagnose your starting and stalling issue firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs.