Q: My car cuts off once it gets hot and there's white smoke

asked by on September 11, 2017

My car is not overheating however there is white smoke that comes from under the hood what could it b? The temperature gauge works but it doesn't go into the red

It is very possible that you could have an oil leak from your valve cover gasket. If this happens this oil can land on the exhaust and burn away causing the white smoke you are seeing. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine if there is any fluid leaks near the exhaust. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.