Q: Convertible stuck open

My convertible is stuck in the open position. The button beeps, but it won't close. I had the battery checked out, and it's fine.

A: Hello. This commonly happens on this vehicl...

Hello. This commonly happens on this vehicle for a number of reasons. Most of the time, it is because of a battery voltage loss. It can also happen if one of the sensors are not reading correctly. When either of these happens, the module will set a code and the top will stop working. The module needs to be scanned with a computer that has the capability of accessing the car’s computer. Once the codes are read the problem can be repaired. 90% of the time when I run across this, it is as simple as closing the top manually and then clearing the codes. This will typically cause it to work again, assuming there are not any other failures. If you want to have this taken care of, consider using YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to have your convertible repaired.