My car says the door is ajar but it really isn't v8-8.1l ...

Q: My car says the door is ajar but it really isn't

asked by on May 05, 2017

My car is saying my left rear door is ajar when it really isn't

One of the more common causes of a false "door ajar" warning light is stuck contacts in the electrical switch in the door pillar. The switch can be tested. Sometimes the switch can be cleaned or serviced but that can be tedious as they are usually sealed units. Replacements are readily available and it is a simple switch so not too costly. If you want the issue speedily resolved by a certified mechanic, who will come right to your location, please request an electrical component diagnostic/replacement. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.