Q: Brakes locking up

asked by on August 13, 2016

changed the light switch out and drove the car down the road and the front brakes locked up

You need to recheck the brake light switch installation. If it is adjusted incorrectly it could partly hold the brakes engaged and would lock up the brakes or keep them partly engaged. The light switch should not be bottomed out when you let off of the brakes. If you want to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your brake system and perform any repairs necessary.