Q: Transmission and Electrical Issues

asked by on October 25, 2016

When the car is fully in gear as I accelerate, the transmission is making a "whirrrrrrrr" sound. The clutch is fairly new and the transmission fluid has not been changed. Also the passenger power window does not work. It is stuck in the up position and won't come down with either buttons. I replaced the window regulator and motor but it's still stuck. All the other power windows work it's just the passenger one that is stuck. The power door locks won't work either, the doors lock well manually by hand but when I use the button on the drivers side to lock all of them, it doesn't work. The fuses are in good shape. Where are the sources of these problems and how could I fix them?

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle has multiple concerns. The transmission "whirrrrrrrr" sound could be a ring and pinion noise caused by incorrect gear contact if, the noise is heard in all forward gears. Changing the transmission fluid may or may not help. The passenger window inoperative could be, the driver’s door master switch has failed preventing both switches from operating the passenger window.

The inoperative power door locks could be the door lock switch has failed considering you have checked the fuses. It could be the wiring harness going to the driver’s door having wire breaks. A circuit test needs to be performed. I recommend having your vehicle’s transmission noise and inoperative passenger window and door locks diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.