Q: Recalls

I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. I received a document from a lawyer to take part in a class action settlement over the issues with the car. The settlement says Hyundai will extend the drive train warranty 20,000 miles and they also will pay for repairs and car rentals for the problems it concerns. I don't think this settlement gives enough to the consumer. I feel like Hyundai should replace the engines as this can be a very dangerous problem. I want to write a letter to the court telling why I feel this settlement is wrong. What are your thoughts on this? Here is the document below about what is wrong. Original Recall from the NHTSA Manufacturer's Report Date: September 10, 2015

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 15V568000

NHTSA Action Number: N/A

Component: ENGINE

Potential Number of Units Affected: 470,000

Summary: Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Sonata vehicles manufactured December 11, 2009, to April 12, 2012 at Hyundai Motor M

As is typical, these class actions allow consumers to submit objections to proposed settlements in writing and even attend the settlement hearing. You do not need an attorney to submit your objections to the Court. You seem to have a good grasp of some of the key issues, and thus, if you feel it is appropriate, you should definitely put your thoughts in writing in a well-scripted letter to the Court. See the specific submittal instructions in the Letter that you received and be sure to submit your Objections as early as possible. As you probably know, you can also opt out of the settlement, too, and pursue your own case.

Disclaimer NONE of the foregoing is to be construed as "legal advice". If you need legal advice, please contact a Licensed Attorney in your locale.