Q: Is it possible for the key to be good and the immobilizer unit to be damager???

asked by on March 09, 2018

Security indicator light on took it to the dealer rhey told me changes ecm.....bought a new ecm installed it brought locksmith to reprogram it they couldnt do it told me to get ecm checked out if it was good i did that and i found out that the new ecm i bought and the original one were both good both had communication and no signs of damage......i was told it could be my immobilizer unit????

I would recommend Consulting with the dealership that recommended the replacement of the ECM. If the old ECM was good this would be considered a missed diagnosis on the part of the dealership.