Q: Dpf problems, car now in limp mode

Hi there always had a bit of a problem with my glof dpf light comes on usually give it a good run then it goes off or I get a cleaner put In tank give a good run then light goes off, however the light came on this time and was ready to do my usual and give it a good run put soon as I got on the motorway engine management light and glow plug light came on and now is in limp mode, drove the car home had a friend plug it in to his computer and just comes up with dpf fault any help? Thanks also when I bought the car from the garage 2 years ago did the same thing took it in and they did a regeneration at there cost but cars not under warranty now

Hi there. The diesel particulate filter (DPF) is a device designed to remove soot from the exhaust gas of the diesel engine. However, diesel particulate filters must be cleaned from time to time or they will block up. Try removing the DPF and cleaning it and then see if the light goes out and the power is restored. Most of the time with these Golf’s is the filter being dirty from soot. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with the diesel particulate filter issue.

3. Dpf problems, car now in limp mode