Q: ticking only when in gear and i press accelerator

There is a ticking in my car only when in gear and im accelerating quickly, but as i drive the car for a while the ticking goes away and i wont hear it until car cools all the way down again. It sounds like it in the transmision but not sure cus transmission shift smoothly and clutch feels great. And i dont think its in the engine cuse it doesnt tick at idle my engine has 29k and 143k on trans and body. Another tech told me with the info i gave him it sounds like it could be an exhaust leak.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The ticking noise can be engine or exhaust related. Typically the transmission makes different types of noises when there is something wrong, so keep the transmission as being one of the last components you check. With that being said, you can test for an exhaust leak several ways. The most common would be a smoke test. Having the vehicle inspected by a professional may be your best option considering the tools you need to do a proper inspection for this type of issue. If you would like to schedule an appointment with our technicians, contact our service department.

3. ticking only when in gear and i press accelerator