Q: If the engine is locked up or a rod is blown will it still try to turn over ?

Our car engine won't start but it gets ready to turn over but never does.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Sometimes what might appear to be major engine damage is actually caused by a small electrical problem. If you try to crank the engine over, but it won’t crank over, it’s possible that the starter relay, starter itself or the battery does not have enough cranking amps to complete the job of turning the motor. It’s also possible that a reduction in oil pressure or broken internal engine component may have seized the engine and rendered it broke. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection. This will allow them to determine what’s causing your Yukon to have these problems.