Q: When the car goes into gear it kinda bucks.

when the car shifts it bucks i might buy this car owner says its the way its been shifting for as long as he has had it 4 years and that's the way they shift

Hi there. With having 135,000 miles on the vehicle, your transmission has too much slipping of the clutches inside the transmission. The symptoms that you are having are the clutches slipping to a lock which jerks the vehicle around and makes the vehicle also engage the gears at a higher rpm than normal. This is the time to rebuild or replace the transmission. Most transmission in Volkswagen Jetta’s from 1999 - 2006 have a life span of 120,000 miles. Before replacing your transmission, I recommend replacing the oil and filter to the transmission first and see what happens. Either the harshness will stop or the transmission will stop working. If you need further assistance with the vehicle jerking into gear, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.