screeching on driver side noisy brakes lexus door lock cy...

Q: screeching on driver side

asked by on October 08, 2017

Hello,

i have a lexus gs300 2001, whenever i use my lock/unlock button on my gs300, the front driver/shotgun seat works, but it does not unlock or lock my passenger sides in the back of my car. Is there an easy way to fix this. Also I have been hearing screeching on my driver's side whenever i drive. I think it might be my brake pads on my driver side or if there some metal rubbing on each other on my driver's side wheels. I was wondering what i should do?

You will need to have the brakes and wheel bearings checked to see what is causing the noise. You may have worn out brake pads and it is scrapping on rotor metal to metal or pad sensor is hitting rotors. For the door locks you will need to have the switches checked to see if it is sending signal to door locks that will not work. You may have defective lock actuators. I would suggest having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic diagnose the problems to isolate the causes of the problems.