Q: My Service Engine soon came on what does it mean ?

Hi, I own a 2007 Nissan Altima &' had an oil change performed today as scheduled to once it hit 115k miles on the dash . On Thursday my computer screen on dash marked RANGE with miles on its own &' as I drove home my car hit the 115k miles . Today ( Saturday ) I had the oil change performed but before getting the oil change the Service Engine Soon light came on my car WAS 2qts low on oil but now it's 5qts full with new oil what does it mean ? I need answers

The service engine soon light is equivalent to a check engine light. Whenever there is a fault, from a bad engine sensor for example, a fault code is stored in the engine control unit, or ecu. When that happens, the service engine soon light will come on. With the service engine soon light on, a technician can connect a scan tool to the vehicle diagnostic port to find the fault code. They can then proceed to find the exact cause of the light being on.