Q: Trouble code P0705.

Trouble code P0705. I had help changing the "main" transmission range sensor. Turns out it was wrong. When hitting the brake the "shifter reader" doesn't know if its in drive or park or reverse. I need help in finding the right mechanic to hire for this problem.

Hi Christopher. Thanks for contacting us tonight. The P-O705 OBD-II trouble code indicates that the Engine Control Module (ECM) or Transmission Control Module (TCM) has received an input error from the Transmission Range Sensor (TRS). This switch is also known as a pressure switch, Park Neutral Position switch (PNP), the gear selection switch, or a PRNDL input switch. However, the code can be triggered if a faulty TCM exists as well. Unfortunately, without completing an onsite inspection, it’s not possible to know for certain. So, before you hire somebody to repair, you should probably have a professional mechanic correctly diagnose the symptoms you are experiencing - not the code. These codes provide a baseline of repair, but do not always indicate what is damaged. Let us know what driving symptoms you’re having and we’ll do our best to assist.

3. Trouble code P0705.