Q: Steering column was replaced because of a recall, but it is not working again!!

My friend received a recall notice about the steering on her 2006 Pontiac G6. They replaced the steering column, but now it went out again. She called the people and they told her they replaced it, so they are not responsible. Her quote to have it fixed is $800. Shouldn't the recall people still be responsible? They changed it less than 2 years ago.

There are different recalls that may pertain to this vehicle. There are recalls for steering sensors and shafts. You may want to call another local GM dealer and have them run your VIN number to check for open recalls for the vehicle. If you are not covered under these recalls then I would recommend contacting the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration with your vehicle complaint and they can direct you in the complaint process. You might also want to contact GM directly to file a formal complaint to see if they may repair it under another program they may have to help you.

3. Steering column was replaced because of a recall, but it is not working again!!