Q: I have a 2011 Ford F-150. I tried turning the truck on this morning and there was a knocking sound as soon as I try to turn it on.

asked by on September 21, 2017

We were running on low oil for about a day or 2 (from when the notice showed up on the truck). We use regular unleaded if that makes a difference. We never had this issue before and it was working fine last night. We have had this truck for about a year.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If the warnings you saw were for oil pressure, you might have some engine damage. If the truck is running, you need to stop using it until you get it checked out. Driving with low oil pressure can do a lot of damage in a very short time. To get it checked out at your convenience, contact YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your knocking noise and let you know what can be done for it.