Q: 2010 Ford Fusion SE with I4 Engine - Throttle Position (TP) and Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensors

asked by on October 19, 2016

I am getting a P2119 (Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body) fault code on my 2010 Ford Fusion SE (I4 Engine).

It is my understanding that the most probably cause is either a faulty Throttle Position (TP) sensor or an Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor.

Would anyone have have the test procedure to determine if either of these sensors are faulty?

Thanks, Jay

Since the code reads Throttle Body, the sensor on the throttle body under the hood may be the best place to start. The throttle position sensor measures the angle of the throttle plate and tries to match the effort shown by the position sensor on the pedal and any discrepancy here may cause the fault. Many average scanners can display this type of data, but it takes some training to decipher the information. The diagnostic and repair procedures are available to repair technicians like the ones here at YourMechanic who can determine if either sensor is at fault or if an electrical issue has come up.