Q: New battery installed, but car won't start. 2014 Buick Verano

The repair shop installed a new battery in my car and I assumed my car’s problems were solved. However, one week later I did not drive the car for two days and then the car would not start. I had to return it to the repair shop. They told me it would be a long time before they could discover the cause. This car seems to be breaking down every week! In your expertise, what can be done so I don’t have to keep getting repairs?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2014 Buick Verano. This could be a tough question to answer without additional information or visual inspection. I assume there is something related to your car’s charging system that could be the problem based upon your question and installation of a new battery. It’s not very clear why they said it would take a long time to diagnose. If you would like to have your car tested elsewhere, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the charging system and assist you with repairs.