The ignition switch in my vehicle is broken. The key won'...

Q: The ignition switch in my vehicle is broken. The key won't start the car. How much does it cost to get this fixed? Could I do?

one day I got my oil changed and then the battery light came on. So I was told that my alternator went out and it caused my battery to die. So I had gotten the alternator changed out for a new one and I got my battery fully charged. Now that battery is good and I have a new alternator. Then I go to start my car and only my lights will turn on. My engine won't start. The key ignition is broken.

Hi Eliana. Thanks for contacting us today. If you’re 100% certain that the ignition cylinder is broken and needs to be replaced, it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete this process. While removing the ignition cylinder is not that difficult, correctly attaching the small electrical connections, and reprogramming it to the ECU is something that should be handled by a professional mechanic. You might want to research on YouTube.com or google for videos that show how this job is completed and go from there.