Q: Hello, I own a 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0s 4L the oil light comes on when I brake. I checked the oil and it seems to be full. Help!

Hello, I own a 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0s 4L the oil light comes on when I brake. I keep up to date with my oil changes. And I checked the oil level it seemed to be okay . However when I accelerate It sounds as if it's grinding. I feel as if my car has lost power as well. Now I'm worried that I will have to get a new motor. Help please. I thought it might be the oil pump ?

Hi Aaron. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Anytime you hear a grinding noise while driving, that’s an indication of a lack of lubrication. This could be coming from the wheel bearings, the differential or the engine. If you have an oil light, it’s vital to have that inspected ASAP to determine what’s causing it to illuminate, and what repairs are needed to resolve the problem.

3. Hello, I own a 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0s 4L the oil light comes on when I brake. I checked the oil and it seems to be full. Help!