Q: While idling, the vehicle does not blow any hot air until the vehicle is moving.

If you start the vehicle to warm prior to driving, the vehicle will blow air until you start moving. If you come to a stop the vehicle will blow cold air again. I am thinking that it may the thermostat, what else should I consider?

This may suggest the thermostat is not opening and closing at the correct temperatures causing warm coolant to flow through the heater core. If this is the case, however you may also notice a fluctuation in engine temperature as well which as you know, may also cause overheating. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your heating system.

3. While idling, the vehicle does not blow any hot air until the vehicle is moving.