Check engine light on, D blinks veloster warning lights h...

Q: Check engine light on, D blinks

asked by on August 15, 2016

The dashboard in my car has been showing the check engine light on after I drove over a curb. Also, the D light started to blink. The car also developed acceleration problem after that. What should I do?

The Check Engine Light is detecting a fault with a system. The D light is representing at fault with your transmission. You possibly damaged some wiring when you drove over the curb creating this fault. The transmission will default if there is invalid information to the computer. Your engine and transmission rely on a computer system to operate. You need to get this looked at as soon as possible. A scan tool is required to look at computer data to diagnose the concern. Have the Check Engine Light and D Light inspected by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.