Q: I started having trouble getting the clutch to go into gear.

I just started having trouble yesterday getting the clutch to go into gear.

It appears that you may be experiencing signs of a worn out clutch given the year and mileage, that may likely be the case if this is the original clutch. Other components such as the clutch master and clutch slave cylinder, if faulty, can make it difficult for the driver to get the transmission into gear. Rather than guess what the problem may be, I recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and diagnose your gear issue. They will have the experience needed to quickly identify why your Ranger is having trouble getting into gear and will be able to assist you with the repairs needed to get your shifting smooth again.