Q: Wiring harness burned up

The wiring harness in my car burned up and messed up the alternator belt. In addition, the fire burned the spark plug wires. I am not sure if this is messing up my timing. The car has a good motor in it.

Hello. Burned spark plug wires will prevent the spark plugs from firing properly. Ultimately, this will prevent the car from starting. The timing shouldn’t be effected by the burned wiring harness. The first step would be to replace the wiring harness, then replace the burned out spark plug wires. Next, the other systems in your car should be inspected to make sure they are operating properly. This should be done by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Wiring harness burned up