Q: My wife was driving the SRX 09 and lost power on the freeway pulled over and the car wouldn't go in drive or reverse the engine li

The engine light has been off blinking traction control light is on blinking but the car will not go into drive or reverse it won't move I was told it was the transmission mount on my wife was driving the car it just lost power and she pulled over the car pretty much just wouldn't go back in gear we had it towed home I just want to know basically what this would be or how much it would cost and then there's a few issues with the car and we tried to solve but generally everybody is telling me more than one thing that doesn't really know anything about that this issue could be solved I don't know no one with the machine and the car is paid for so I'm not trying to send it back to the dealership and be told a whole bunch of nonsense about the car went if it could be fixed just give me a general understanding

Hi there. It sounds like you have several concerns with the vehicle; we’ll stick to the first one that was mentioned. It sounds like there could be an internal fault in the transmission; whether this is a mechanical or electrical, we won’t know until a proper diagnosis is performed. Any codes that may be stored in the engine or transmission computers will help lead a qualified technician to the area that requires inspection. As a rule of thumb, never replace a part without fully determining that the part has failed and why it failed. Those that offer assistance in the form of " I think......" or " I’ve seen this go bad....." have not provided a diagnosis; this is simply an educated guess and could prove expensive. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and possibly providing you with a technician that you are comfortable with and trust. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a car will not go into gear inspection.

• My wife was driving the SRX 09 and lost power on the freeway pulled over and the car wouldn't go in drive or reverse the engine li