Q: Why is my VSC light on?

asked by on November 07, 2016

I had tuneup and oil change in may of this year however engine light comes on

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

My 2001 ford F350 triton V10's engine began cranking in the middle of the night.

The issue is with your ignition switch. The switch is turning on the starting circuit to the starter and not disengaging the circuit unless you turn off the key. I recommend replacing the ignition switch. If you need further assistance...

Car has shut off because of overheating.. What to do

Overheating can be caused by a number of things such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, a clogged radiator or a failing coolant fan switch. As you may know the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant...

Car shaking while accelerating

You could have several issues going on there. I would start by having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check out the recent work. It is possible for the CV axle nut to have come loose. The noises while...

What does the lamps on reminder light mean?

The lamps on reminder light is located on the instrument panel. When the lamps on reminder light is illuminated, that means that your lights are currently on. When you turn off all of your lights, the lamps on reminder light...

i lost my keys to my 2001 honda civic ex coupe

Hi there. There are typically three things you can do to resolve this issue. First, you can have a professional mobile mechanic complete an ignition lock cylinder replacement. Second, you can contact your local Honda dealership to see if they...

Hard shifting.

This can be many possibilities as transmissions are very complex, however often times difficulty shifting into gears has to do with what are called synchros. These are fork like components inside a transmission, otherwise known as a synchronizer mechanism or...

1999 Ford Taurus antifreeze leak between transmission and oil pan please help

Hi there. A coolant leak coming from the area near the transmission and oil pan it typically going to be coming from the heater core or heater bypass valve, which comes off the rear of the engine. However, there are...

Where is the pats module located

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Ford Taurus. The PATS module is located on the steering column. It is located under the steering column covers behind the ignition key lock cylinder. If you need some help with this, consider...

Sway bar links bad

The rear sway bar links may not be noticed they are bad unless you have weight in the back of the car or are making highway maneuvers like changing lanes. The links help to keep the rear of the car...