Q: car shakes only between 35-40 mph

car shakes n rear when hits 35mph n stops rite @40mph.began a few wks.after buyin 4 new tires(<6 mons ago)fromTire kingdom.they also "charged" me 4 n alignment but car felt exactly the same n still pulled 2 rite.a friendwho's n 2 cars looked at it n believed was either a problem w/passenger side tire itself or something w/in that area.n lastly, once I was finally able 2 return n ask TK 2 assess, the dx?rite hubcap was bent?!!BUT said they'd "mount?" 4 me if I bought online n brought back n.as u can imagine,I wasn't feelin especially gracious after spending $450 on brand new tires n LEAVING w/a brand new problem.n isn't alignment another $100ish?as u can imagine,I wasn't feeling especially confident n his competence nor integrity n e more.this y if YOU SAY a bent hubcap could actually cause a car 2 start shakin@PRECISELY 35mph then stop exactly@40mph,I'm gonna by.I'd like 2 say thank u on behalf of our community 4 providin us w/invaluable info.FOR FREE,w/the sole purpose 2 help others

Hello. Most of the time when you get a vibration at a higher speed such as this it is caused by a balance issue. The tire balance can be off or one of the tires may be slightly out of round. This is not a hub cap issue. If the hub cap is bent then it will not cause this to occur. If the alignment was not done correctly then that can cause this also so I would recommend having that rechecked also. It can also be caused by a wheel hub that has corrosion on it or one that is out of round. If there is corrosion on it then the wheel may not be seated correctly. If you want to have this vibration checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why there is a vibration in the rear of your car.

3. car shakes only between 35-40 mph