Whining noise coming from the engine compartment when I a...

Q: Whining noise coming from the engine compartment when I accelerate. It's not very loud but consistent whenever I give it gas. 2009 Audi A5 Quattro

Whining noise coming from the engine compartment whenever I accelerate. It's not very loud but is consistent whenever I give it gas. It is more noticeable at lower speeds but the noise lessens at higher speeds

Hello - you have isolated the noise to something that varies with engine speed, good job! Most likely, this noise is coming from the alternator (bearing) or the power steering pump (low fluid or worn out). Check the power steering fluid first, making sure you use the correct fluid to top it off . For further assistance, I recommend an engine noise inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.