Q: Advice on buying a 2006 Lexus LS 250 all wheel drive

I'm planning on getting a 2006 Lexus LS 250 all-wheel drive. Any advice on what I should be aware of?

A: Those are well-built vehicles. It’s an all-...

Those are well-built vehicles. It’s an all-wheel drive so realize that all-wheel drive systems are very complicated and can cost a fortune to fix. That said, Lexus are just fancy Toyotas, and all-wheel drive systems are pretty bulletproof. They generally don’t have any problems. But I would still pay to have a mechanic do a pre-purchase inspection before you show all your hard-earned money. Because, you don’t want to get some all-wheel drive car that has a problem that a mechanic with a fancy scan tool can tell you an awful lot about in 20 or 30 minutes. This will save you from buying a wrong car and give you peace of mind when you are ready to make that final purchase.