Q: what causes noise on power steering when starting car?

asked by on October 08, 2016

Every time I start my car there is a noise from my steering.

Power Steering Pump Replacement $158.61 - $1631.96 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A worn power steering pump will make a whining type sound. It usually starts as a whine when cold and diminishes somewhat once warmed up. If the reservoir is full and tehre is no power steering fluid leak, it may just be worn from time and mileage. If you find, you are in need of further assistance, a YourMechanic technician can come to your home or office, to diagnose the noise and make necessary repairs.