Q: Starter turning over without cranking

When I drive the car for a while and then bring it to a halt, it would have difficulty starting up again. Then there would be no cranking and the starter would be turning over. If I wait for 15-30 minutes, the car cranks again and I'm able to continue driving. This happens sporadically. What should I do?

A: Hello. Two common component failures that w...

Hello. Two common component failures that will cause the conditions you've described are a faulty fuel pump relay or a crank position sensor. Both parts have the potential to fail intermittently when they become hot. But when they cool off it will usually work again. I'd suggest to have your vehicle looked at in person by a certified technician to diagnose your starting and no crank condition. An accurate repair can be made once the problem has been isolated.