Q: I broke a fuel injector plug in, how do I replace it?

asked by on March 14, 2017

The plug in that connects to the fuel injector adaptor, I forced it in and the clip that clicks when it locks in snapped off somehow and now it won't stay on, its loose and my check engine light came on ran a code p0201.

Fuel Injector Replacement $383.27 - $3837.38 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The type of repair you need to do is going to depend on what side of the clip you broke. If you broke the fuel injector side, you will have to replace the injector itself. If you broke the clip on the wire side, then you are looking at having to splice in a wire with a new terminal. You can also replace the entire wire where it connects to the harness, but that is more labor intensive. Make sure if replacing the wire, that you do weather protect the splice properly to keep from having more issues down the line. For help with replacing the clip, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.