Q: THIS VEHICLE HAS FAILED MARYLAND STATE EMISSIONS TWICE.

THE VEHICLE HAS FAILED TWICE ON THE KOER Result AND THE MIL Command Status. THE FIRST TIME THE DIOGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES WERE: P0191 -FUEL RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR A CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE, P0059 -HO2S HEATER RESISTANCE BANK 2 SENSOR 1, P0155 O2 SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT BANK2 SENSOR 1, AND P069E FUEL PUMP CONTROL MODULE REQUESTED MIL ILLUMINATION. THE SECOND TIME THE DIOGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES WERE: P0059 HO2S HEATER RESISTANCE BANK 2 SENSOR 1, P0102 MASS OR VOLUME AIR FLOW A CIRCUIT LOW, AND P0443 EVAPORATIVE EMISSION SYSTEM PURGE CONTROL VALVE A CIRCUIT. WHAT REPAIRS WOULD BE NECESSARYTO CORRECT THE PROBLEM SO I CAN GET AN ESTIMATE FOR THE WORK THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE?

Hello. A common reason for code p0191 and p069e is a dirty fuel filter. The fuel filter should be replaced on your vehicle about every 2-3 years. Another reason which is just as prevalent of a cause would be a wiring fault between the Fuel Pump Control Module and Engine Control Module. There was an update released by Chevrolet to address code p0191 and p069e for your engine control module where it will be reprogrammed and recalibrated. You will likely have to call the dealership to see if your vehicle has had the reprogramming complete. P0102 Will set if the mass air flow sensor becomes faulty or too dirty. There’s also a possibility of the wiring related to the mass airflow sensor has been interrupted therefore an inspection of them must be completed. Although, sometimes cleaning the mass airflow sensor will make the Code p0102 go away. Codes p0155 and p0059 point towards a bad oxygen sensor. Both indicate there’s a problem with bank 2 sensor 1. A technician with a good scan tool will be able to verify that through the live data feeds. If the update has been done then you may benefit from the help of one of our mobile technicians who can check the wiring related to codes p0191 and p069e, inspect your mass air flow sensor for Code p0102 and also test your oxygen sensors for code p0155 and p0059. P0443 could be a cause for your bad Oxygen sensor reading. Replacing the Evap purge solenoid may cause the Oxygen Sensors to read within normal ranges again.

You are able to find a technician and schedule an appointment here

https://www.yourmechanic.com

3. THIS VEHICLE HAS FAILED MARYLAND STATE EMISSIONS TWICE.