Q: Fuel is leaking and Check Engine Light is on - 2008 Mazda 3

I was driving in the middle of the road and suddenly i cant press the gas andthe engine light come on and when i pulled over i notice the smell of the gasoline and its leaking under my car

A: The fuel pump is contained within the tank ...

The fuel pump is contained within the tank and so cannot leak. You are probably seeing fuel leaking from a fuel line and/or from the fuel tank itself. There could be a loose fuel line fitting, impact damage (debris from the road), a broken rubber hose, and/or corrosion on metal lines or the tank.

Gasoline is a fire and explosion hazard so obviously the leak needs to be addressed promptly. If the vehicle has been towed back to your home, have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, pinpoint the location of the leak and determine what repairs are needed.