Q: Air in power steering fluid after radiator replacemant

asked by on October 09, 2016

Husband changed radiator, started Jeep to add fluid and it made bad sound. Found power steering fluid is foamy (was not like this before we changed radiator) and appears this is causing noise. Could pump has somehow just gone out or are there things to check that could have been messed up during radiator change? No obvious fluid leak

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a very unique design - the radiator fan uses power steering hydraulic fluid to operate. Your husband likely opened the power steering lines during radiator replacement, allowing air to enter the system. Fortunately, the power steering system is easy to bleed. Simply lift the front wheels off the ground, start the engine and turn the wheels lock to lock until the air is gone.

Hope this helps and best of luck!