Q: My car makes a hissing sound when i accelerate.

asked by on August 26, 2017

As i rev up to 3,000 revs, the engine starts making a hissing sound. When it goes into the next gear it stops. I always hear it right before the next gear change.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Jesus. What you are describing sounds like you have a vacuum leak present with your Altima. When a vacuum leak is present in an engine, this causes an excessive imbalance in the air/fuel ratio which creates a loss of power and causes the motor to run at a much higher RPM as a result of the increased oxygen present in the fuel charge being injected into the motor. You might want to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to diagnose your noise issue, so that the right repairs can be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr