Q: Could this be an alternator issue?

I jump start my car but immediately when I take cables off the battery meter drops low and check gauges light comes on. Could this be an alternator issue?

If the charging system was working properly the voltage would of been steady after disconnecting the jumper cables. The battery should be charged and tested first or it could be shorted causing the charging system to short out. If battery is bad then replace it first then retest charging system to see if it is needing an alternator to be replaced.

3. Could this be an alternator issue?