Q: After installing 2 new sub woofers in the vehicle, there was a pop and now the engine will not start.

It all started back around march when I had to change my alternator and the relay in the fuse/relay center, ran fine until may when I tried charging my ac compressor, it wouldn't start after that and wren it did it made a horrible noise so I ended up changing the whole ac unit along with the belt. All was good until it started not wanting to start, only when it wanted to would it start. So I changed the fuel pump and the filter. It ran fine for a while and then bout a month later it started doing the same thing. It will only turn over and not fire up. So I changed the spark plugs, the plug wires, distributor cap, rotor and still nothing. I then changed the ignition control module and it fired up. Upon hooking up my 2 12' subs when connecting the positive lead to the battery I heard a pop in the back of the Yukon and when I tried starting it t would not start. (I was looking around and found a little black fuse type thing just laying there out in the open, have more of ? No room here

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It seems that the ground wires to the amplifier was not hooked up properly and shorted out either the fuel pump or an electrical circuit near the rear of the vehicle. It is best to relocate the ground wire onto the frame of the vehicle and look for any fuses that would have popped in this event. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose an electrical issue with your no start condition.