Q: Car temp rises when ac is on

My car was running great, even on hot days. Then one day I was going to work and it was 105 f outside and I got to work and I heard a lot of bubbles from the coolant overflow and it's caused coolant to flow out of the car. Filled it up next morning, let it bubble out and everything but same problem persists. The car goes over normal temp when ac is on sepciafally but not when the ac is off. And temp goes up a little faster especially when ac is on and idling. Changed the radiator, radiator cap month ago, thermostat 2 months ago , and it's all brand new coolant. The fans go on normally but they don't seem to help. Driving at night even when it's colder, same problem persists. Thank you and please help.

Certain engine management issues, such as too lean operation, engine timing issues and so forth can contribute to overheating. The reason the overheating is occurring whenever the a/c is on is because a/c adds a load to the engine, making the engine work harder. Other things to check include partially collapsed hoses, partial blockages in cooling passageways and the water pump. Sometimes the water pump drive belt does not drive the pump at adequate speed or there could be a problem with the pump impeller. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Car temp rises when ac is on