Q: Why does my car start one day and the next day it wont start? The car will crank but wont turn over

My car shifts gears & locks up on me sometimes. It has its days when it will start & wont start. One day it will crank and turn over then other days it wont turn over

Hello, thank you for writing in. With intermittent symptoms, diagnosis can take longer but is typically the same as diagnosing any other starting problem. The main issue is that you can only perform the testing needed when the issue is occurring. If the vehicle starts and works normally, all of the components are likely going to pass their tests. There are several components that will work intermittently. They include the fuel pump, charging system, a number of sensors, and any electrical connection that is loose. When the vehicle is not starting, test for fuel pressure, spark, and the electrical connection on any of the sensors that effects starting (air intake, camshaft/crankshaft position sensors). For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• Why does my car start one day and the next day it wont start? The car will crank but wont turn over