Q: Dead battery

Could I replace my battery with one from my 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500?

A: This depends on the engine you have in your...

This depends on the engine you have in your Ford F250. As you may know, this truck had an option available with a diesel engine which generally would require much more cranking power than the 5.3L motor that would have come in your Chevy 1500. This is the amount of power that the battery generates when trying to start the engine. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to install the correct battery for your application.

Recommended services
Get a Quote