Q: Why is my check engine light on an the ETS light too

asked by on December 15, 2016

I have a 97 Chevy cavalier The check engine light is on anew so is the ETS light What part would I need to replace. I got a new water pump and spark plug and fan and thermostat and radiator

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The ETS light is part of the traction control system. It can illuminate for many reasons. The check engine light is likely because the component that has failed is used by another system in the car and also relies on that information. You will want to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes to find out what has triggered the code. This can be done by a technician or at your local parts store. Once you have that information diagnosis will be much easier. The traction control system utilizes the ABS system and the wheel speed sensors. Your issue may be as simple as replacing one of those. The only way to be sure is to have it scanned.