Q: Stiff shifting when car sits

My Mystang GT 4.6 Litre V8 2010 5 speed manual is hard to shift into reverse when the engine is running after sitting 6 to 12 hours until it warms up after few miles of city driving, with the engine off it shifts fine but stiff while running, Ford dealership says hard shift while cold is normal, transmission shop says it's a Ford defect of slave cylinder and master cylinder which is the issue? The car is still under under dealer warranty and says its normal

Hello. If the dealer is saying it is a normal condition, this does not mean it is a problem but only that the manufacture does not have a fix for the problem yet. If you put the vehicle in reverse first and start the car, then go to neutral you should be able to shift back to reverse again. Also, if you are in neutral and need to reverse, then push it in clutch and go into reverse by starting to lift the clutch slightly, and once in, push the clutch back in. From my search, there doesn’t seem to be any technical bulletins or recalls to fix the issue. If you would like to have another technician take a look at this in person, a professional from YourMechanic can inspect the shifting problem for you.

3. Stiff shifting when car sits